Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Weekly Art Challenge #2: 2D Design Principles


For this weekly challenge, I focused on the 2D Design principles of repetition, contrast, and movement.
I chose the colors I did because I started out with some strange shape that ended up looking like fish and then I turned the shape to connect them. Afterwards, they looked like they were circling each other, so I used that for the base of my colors, representing male and female fish. 
I chose orange to contrast the background because both of the other colors were darker, so I wanted to make the fish pop without making the third color super bright, so I chose a brighter orange, where the boldness would contrast with the fish without overpowering the fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Studio Lights

And a bonus photo... just for fun! :)